Last updated: May 25, 2018
If you reside in the European Union (“EU”), you may have additional rights with respect to your Personal Data, as further outlined below. These rights may include rights under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Collection of your Personal Data
We collect the following categories of Personal Data about you when you use or otherwise interact with our Services directly and/or through our third-party service providers:
- Email address.
- Home/work/mobile telephone number.
- Postal or other physical address.
- Credit/debit card information.
- IP addresses and other information collected passively, as further detailed in the “Passive Collection” section below.
- Device identifiers.
- Date of Birth.
- Professional and occupational information.
- Professional licenses, certifications, designations.
Use and processing of your Personal Data
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity (i.e. processing that is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, such as your user agreement with us that allows us to provide you with the Services) and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others (e.g. our users) such as:
- Administering, personalizing, improving or operating our Services and business
- Better understanding your needs and interests
- Fulfilling requests you make related to the Services
- Providing you with information and offers from us or third parties
- Complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes with users, enforcing our agreements
- Protecting, investigating and deterring against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized or illegal activity; or
- Responding to inquiries from you or our third-party service providers.
We collect and/or process your Personal Data in connection with the below activities related to our Services:
- Account registration
- Use of certain Service features
- Generating reports based on information collected from use of our Services
- Requesting service and support for our Services and providing such support
- Placing transactions or orders
- Registering to attend a seminar or webinar
- Billing and collecting payments for our Services
- Registering for newsletter subscriptions
- Customizing the advertising and content you see
- To keep you up to date on the latest Service announcements, updates, upgrades, system enhancements, special offers, and other information
- To provide support and assistance for our Services
- To provide the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content
- To meet contract or legal obligations
- Communicating with you by email, telephone or regular mail regarding news updates, special promotional offers, our products and services, or other information which may be of interest to you. If you later wish to opt out of receiving such promotional communications from us at any time, simply follow the “Opt-Out” instructions.
Data Subject Rights
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data as set forth below. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your requests, or we may ask you to provide us with additional information in connection with your request. For example, if we need to verify your identity or the nature of your request. In such situations, however, we will still respond to let you know of our decision.
To make any of the following requests, contact us using the contact details referred to in the “Contact Us” section of this policy.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you. You can also request a copy of the Personal Data.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. You can also correct some of this information directly by logging into your account. Please contact us as soon as possible upon noticing any such inaccuracy or incompleteness.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the collection or use of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Portability: You have the right to ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another entity where technically feasible.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about our practices with respect to your Personal Data with a supervisory authority.
Projects In Knowledge and our third-party service providers automatically collect some information about you when you use our Services, using methods such as cookies and tracking technologies (further described below). Information automatically collected includes IP address, Internet service provider, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, sections of the Site visited, number of links you click while on the Site, search terms, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, website traffic and related statistics, keywords and/or other data.
“Session” cookies are temporary cookies used for various reasons, such as managing page views and your shopping cart. Typically, your browser will erase session cookies once you exit the browser.
“Persistent” cookies are more permanent cookies that are stored on your computer or mobile device after you exit the browser. Persistent cookies allow us to retrieve certain information that you have previously provided to us (for example, your user ID if you ask to be remembered).
The Site may use both session and persistent cookies. The Site may also use “tracer tags,” which are tiny graphic images placed on Site pages or in our e-mails that allow us to determine whether you have performed certain actions. When you access these pages or open e-mail messages, the tags generate a notice of that action to us or our Service Providers. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions. You may manage, block or delete cookies and other tracking technologies by adjusting your browser’s security and privacy settings but, if you do so, you may not be able to use particular features of the Site or the Services.
Aggregated Personal Data. We may analyze your Personal Data in aggregate form, which does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, advertisers, manufacturers and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
Supplemented Data. Supplemental data may be received about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, in which case we may combine this data with information we already have about you so that we can update, expand and analyze the accuracy of our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. If you provide us Personal Data about others, or if others give us your Personal Data, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
Sharing Your Personal Data. Projects In Knowledge may share your Personal Data with third parties without notice to you under certain circumstances including:
- Service Providers: When we engage a service provider to perform certain business-related functions, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function. We may also share your information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, or other companies under common control with us.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose your information if required to do so by law, or in the good faith belief that such action or disclosure is necessary or appropriate (i) to operate the Site, (ii) comply with any legal obligation, report unlawful activity, cooperate with law enforcement, or protect against legal liability, (iii) protect and defend our rights, property, personnel, suppliers, sponsors, agents or licensors, or (iv) protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public.
- Business Transfers: We may share your information with business partners or buy or sell businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, asset sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the assets that are transferred.
- Aggregated Information: We may aggregate Personal Data and provide it to our existing or potential business partners, sponsors, advertisers or other third parties, in response to a government request, or to other third parties for lawful purposes.
Advertising. Projects In Knowledge may, directly or indirectly through service providers, serve personalized advertisements when you visit the Site. Projects In Knowledge and service providers may use Personal Data collected during your visits to the Site to select advertisements, perform, or have performed, cookie synchs, and otherwise combine and compare your information with other databases for Projects In Knowledge’s commercial purposes. You may opt out of the tailoring of advertising based on information we collect. To learn more about the use of this information, or to choose not to have this information used by our third-party advertising partners by opting out, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
Email Marketing. Projects In Knowledge offers you control over your privacy preferences regarding email. You may update these preferences at any time. Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed.
You may unsubscribe from receiving promotional e-mails of certain types (or a company-wide unsubscribe) at any time. Click here to unsubscribe now: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please pay careful attention to the various options for unsubscribing from our promotional e-mails. You may have the option to unsubscribe from one or more special interest e-mail lists or unsubscribe from all promotional e-mails from us.
- When you receive a promotional e-mail from Projects In Knowledge, it will contain a link that allows you to unsubscribe. If you decide to use this unsubscribe link, you will no longer receive special offers, valuable coupons, new product introductions and informational health and wellness newsletters from Projects In Knowledge; however, you will continue to receive non-promotional e-mails from us, such as order confirmations.
Security. Projects In Knowledge takes reasonable precautions to safeguard your Personal Data against unauthorized access or disclosure including Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or stored on a server can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Data Retention. We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods:
- mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
- for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or
- needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
If you have any questions about the security or retention of your personal data, please, Contact Us.
Accessing, Update or Delete Your Personal Data. You can access, view, update your Personal Data by logging into your account on the Site. If you wish to delete/cancel your account, please send us an email at email@example.com. If you wish to port your Personal Data, please Contact Us. If you make a request to delete or port your Personal Data and that data is necessary for the Services you have purchased, the request will be honored only to the extent it is no longer necessary for any Services purchased or required for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual requirements.
Children. Our Services are available only for those over the age of 16. The Site is not targeted to or intended for use by children under the age of 16. Projects In Knowledge does not knowingly collect or use any Personal Data from such children. If you are under the age of 16, do not submit any information to this Site. If we learn that we collected Personal Data from children under the age of 16, we will take steps to delete that information as soon as possible.
If you know of or have reason to believe anyone under the age of 16 has provided us with any Personal Data, please Contact Us.
‘Do Not Track’ notifications. Some browsers allow you to automatically notify websites you visit not to track you using a “Do Not Track” signal. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, we currently do not alter our practices when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you may wish to visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
Important Notices to Non-U.S. Residents. The Site, and the Services are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By providing us with any information through the Site, or the Services, you consent to this transfer.
We may transfer your Personal Data to third parties acting on our behalf for the purposes of processing or storage. By using any of our Services or providing any Personal Data for any of the purposes stated above, you consent to the transfer and storage of your Personal Data, whether provided by you or obtained through a third party, to the U.S. as set forth herein, including the hosting of such Personal Data on U.S. servers. In certain cases, Projects In Knowledge will transfer Personal Data in accordance with the European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses, a copy of which can be obtained at https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex%3A32010D0087.
California Privacy Rights. Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please Contact Us.
Projects In Knowledge, Inc.
290 W. Mt. Pleasant Avenue
Livingston, NJ 07039
If you reside in the EU, you can also contact our Data Protection Officer.
Last updated: May 25, 2018
Use of Personal Data.
Intellectual Property Rights.
You acknowledge that this Site contains material such as software, text, graphics, images, sound recordings, audiovisual works, and other materials provided by or on behalf of Projects In Knowledge (collectively, the “Content”). The Content may be owned by us or by third parties, and is protected by copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, or other proprietary rights, and that these worldwide rights are valid and protected in all forms, media, and technologies existing now and hereinafter developed. You also acknowledge that the Content is and shall remain the property of Projects In Knowledge or its licensors. You agree to comply with all intellectual property laws and you shall not encumber any interest in, or assert any rights to, the Content. You may not modify, transmit, participate in the sale or transfer of, or create derivative works based on any Content, in whole or in part. However, you may print a single copy of the Content for your own personal use provided that you maintain any notices contained in the Content, such as all copyright notices, trademark legends, or other proprietary rights notices.
Projects In Knowledge (stylized with design) and Projects In Knowledge (standard characters) are trademarks and service marks of Projects In Knowledge (the “Projects In Knowledge Trademarks”). Other Projects In Knowledge product, and service names and logos used and displayed on this Site may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners who may or may not endorse or be affiliated with or connected to Projects In Knowledge. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any of the Projects In Knowledge Trademarks displayed on this Site, without our prior written permission in each instance. All goodwill generated from the use of the Projects In Knowledge Trademarks will inure to our benefit.
By accessing and/or using the Services, you hereby agree that:
- You will not use the Services for any unlawful purpose;
- You will not upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that:
- infringes any copyright, trademark, right of publicity, or other proprietary rights of any person or entity; or
- is threatening, tortious, defamatory, libelous, indecent, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, invasive of another’s privacy, or promotes extreme violence or cruelty to animals, or contains hate speech (i.e., speech that attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and/or sexual orientation/gender identity; or
- discloses any sensitive information about another person, including that person’s e-mail address, postal address, phone number, credit card information, or any similar information.
- You will not “stalk” or otherwise harass another;
- You will not spam or use the Services to engage in any commercial activities, including, without limitation, raising money; advertising or promoting a product, service, website, or company; or engaging in any pyramid or other multi-tiered marketing scheme;
- You will not impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- You will not interfere with or attempt to interrupt the proper operation of the Services through the use of any virus, device, information collection or transmission mechanism, software or routine, or access or attempt to gain access to any data, files, or passwords related to the Services through hacking, password or data mining, or any other means; and
- Let us know about inappropriate content. If you find something that violates our community guidelines, let us know, and we’ll review it.
By submitting any unsolicited information and materials, including comments, ideas, questions, designs, and other similar communications (collectively, “Unsolicited Information”) to Projects In Knowledge on Public Areas of the Site, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you should not provide any Unsolicited Information to the Site. All Unsolicited Information will be considered NON-CONFIDENTIAL and NON-PROPRIETARY. Projects In Knowledge, or any of its affiliates, may use such communication or material for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and further posting. Further, Projects In Knowledge and its affiliates are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication or material you send to the site for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, and marketing products. By submitting any Unsolicited Information, you are granting Projects In Knowledge a perpetual, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, create derivative works from, transfer and sell such Unsolicited Information and to use your name and other identifying information in connection with such Unsolicited Information. This section shall not apply to any submissions you provide pursuant to an agreement with us.
Links to Other Web Sites.
This Site may periodically provide links to third-party websites (“Third-Party Sites”) as well as other websites operated by Projects In Knowledge (“Other Projects In Knowledge Sites”). This Agreement governs only this Site and not any Third-Party Sites or Other Projects In Knowledge Sites. Our decision to link to a Third-Party Site is not an endorsement of the content or services in that linked Third-Party Site. If you decide to access linked Third-Party Sites, you do so at your own risk. You should direct any concerns regarding any Third-Party Sites to the administrator of the applicable Third-Party Site. We also prohibit the use of any links to the Site from any other websites unless establishment of such a link is approved in advance by us in writing. You may not frame any elements of this Site with any other website.
Advertisements on This Site.
Projects In Knowledge, in its sole discretion, may post the advertisements of third parties on the Site. The display of advertisements on the Site is not intended as and does not in any manner constitute a recommendation, endorsement, or approval of the advertiser or its services by Projects In Knowledge. Your correspondence or any other dealings with advertisers found on this Site are solely between you and such advertiser and we are not responsible or liable for the statements or conduct of any third party, nor for any loss or damage incurred as a result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on this Site.
Security of the Site.
Actual or attempted unauthorized use of the Site, the Content or the Services may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution. Projects In Knowledge reserves the right to view, monitor, and record activity on the Site without notice or permission from you. Any information obtained by monitoring, reviewing, or recording is subject to review by law enforcement organizations in connection with investigation or prosecution of possible illegal activity on the Site. Projects In Knowledge will also comply with all court orders as well as all law enforcement and regulatory inquiries involving requests for such information.
No Responsibility for Connectivity.
You agree that you are responsible for the means you use to access the Site and all costs associated therewith. You understand that we are not responsible for the performance of your hardware, software, the Internet, your Internet service provider and other third parties involved in connecting you to the Site.
YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THIS SITE IS TO STOP USING THIS SITE.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE SITE, THE CONTENT AND THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. NONE OF Projects In Knowledge PARTIES GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY, SUITABILITY OR USEFULNESS OF ANY PORTION OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES. NONE OF Projects In Knowledge PARTIES WARRANT THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE OR THAT THIS SITE, THE SERVICES, ITS SERVER OR ANY FILES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOADING THROUGH THIS SITE ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL ELEMENTS. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THIS SITE AND THE SERVICES, AND THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT, SERVICES AND THE SITE, IS ASSUMED SOLELY BY YOU. NONE OF Projects In Knowledge PARTIES MAKE ANY, AND HEREBY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL, REPRESENTATIONS, ENDORSEMENTS, GUARANTEES, AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THIS SITE AND THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS. Without limiting the foregoing, Projects In Knowledge, its licensors, and its suppliers make no representations or warranties regarding the satisfaction of any government regulations requiring disclosure of information on prescription drug products or the approval or compliance of any software tools with regard to the Content contained on the Site.
Limitation of Liability.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY OF Projects In Knowledge PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF THIS SITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY OF Projects In Knowledge PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SITE OR THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR NEGLIGENCE, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR OTHER DAMAGES, IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS Projects In Knowledge PARTIES’ LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Projects In Knowledge Parties harmless from and against any claims, actions, or demands, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising or resulting from: (i) your breach of this Agreement; (ii) your access to, use, or misuse of the Site, Content, or the Services; and (iii) your violation of any third-party right, including, without limitation, any copyright, trademark, property, or privacy right.
We may terminate this Agreement and your access to all or any part of the Site, the Content or the Services at any time and for any reason without prior notice or liability. We reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of the Site, the Content or the Services at any time without prior notice or liability.
If you believe this Website contains any content that infringes your copyright, please refer to our Copyright Infringement Notification Procedures
In the event that any portion of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, then such portion shall be construed in accordance with the applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties, and the remainder of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. The sections of this Agreement entitled Limitation of Liability, Indemnification, and Miscellaneous shall survive the termination of this Agreement. The paragraph headings herein are provided only for reference and shall have no effect on the construction or interpretation of this Agreement. You expressly absolve and release Projects In Knowledge Parties from any claim of harm resulting from a cause beyond their control, including, but not limited to, failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems, computer viruses, unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes, or natural disasters, strikes or other labor problems, wars, terrorist activities or governmental restrictions. You may not assign this Agreement. No waiver shall be effective unless in writing. Neither the course of conduct between parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any provision of this Agreement. This Agreement and any other agreements between the parties entered into through this site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey. Except for proceedings commenced by Projects In Knowledge to protect its intellectual property or confidential information which may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction, the parties mutually agree that any and all disputes arising hereunder shall be resolved exclusively by state or federal courts located in the State of New Jersey. This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties concerning this Site and supersedes all existing agreements and all other oral, written or other communication between the parties concerning its subject matter. Projects In Knowledge will comply with all applicable laws. You shall comply with all laws, rules and regulations which are now or hereinafter promulgated by any government authority or agency which govern or apply to the operation and use of the Site. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you expressly agree to comply with such restrictions and not to export or re-export any of the Content to countries or persons prohibited under the export control laws of the United States. You are prohibited from any use of the Site that would constitute an illegal offense, give rise to liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Projects In Knowledge. Thank you for your cooperation. We hope you find the Projects In Knowledge Site helpful and convenient to use. Questions or comments regarding this website, including any reports of non-functioning links, should be submitted using our email address at firstname.lastname@example.org or via U.S. mail to
Projects In Knowledge, LLC
290 W. Mt. Pleasant Avenue
Livingston, NJ 07039
Copyright Infringement Notification Procedures.
If you believe this website contains any content that infringes your copyright, please contact our Copyright Agent, as detailed below, with the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- Your address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or duly authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Projects In Knowledge, Inc.
290 W. Mt. Pleasant Avenue
Livingston, NJ 07039